HSBC Launches A New Instant Rewards Travel Card
HSBC has just launched a brand new travel card that is looking to be a massive game changer.
This TravelOne credit card was launched in partnership with Mastercard and is a first of its kind, allowing users to instantly redeem their travel rewards with selected leading airlines and hotel chains via the HSBC mobile banking app.
“Customers tell us they want flexibility, incentives and discounts when they travel. We’re bringing them exactly that by allowing our customers to redeem reward points instantly on our mobile banking app, converting their points with an extensive selection of the world’s leading airlines and hotels,” said Taylan Turan, Group Head of Retail Banking and Strategy, HSBC Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) during the launch event.
With travel quickly regaining its popularity all around the world, HSBC seeks to offer customers innovative payment solutions that cater to their unique lifestyles.
Beena Pothen, Country Manager for Malaysia and Brunei, Mastercard, said that the HSBC TravelOne card and the instant rewards benefits that it brings comes at great time, allowing customers to redeem their rewards via the HSBC mobile app at any palace and at any time.
The HSBC TravelOne Credit Card was designed with customer convenience at the forefront of its functionality. As such, it not only offers users with instant reward points redemption, it also offers customers the opportunity to earn up to 8x the reward points for their eligible spending. Additionally, they can also enjoy travel privileges such as complimentary travel insurance coverage and airport lounge access.
Renee Bullock-Cann, Head of Wealth and Personal Banking, HSBC Malaysia said that Malaysia’s economic growth this year is expected to be anchored by domestic demand. At the centre of this demand is household spending, which remains resilient as it is being bolstered by improving labour market conditions. This makes it the perfect opportunity for a boost in travel and leisure activities.
Some of the key features of the HSBC TravelOne Credit Card include:
- Instantly convert reward points to airline miles at leading airlines such as Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, Singapore Airlines, Etihad, Cathay Pacific and many more.
- Instantly transfer reward points to top hotel chains in the world such as Marriott Bonvoy, IHG One Rewards and Wyndham.
- Both primary and supplementary cardholders are also entitled to 6 times (combined) complimentary airport lounge access per year at 7 Plaza Premium Airport Lounges (KLIA, Singapore Changi Airport and Hong Kong International Airport).
- Complimentary travel insurance up to USD250,000 (including travel medical, travel inconvenience – flight delay, baggage delay, baggage loss, COVID coverage etc.). Registration with Mastercard is required to enjoy this privilege.
- Flexible instalment plans that suit the needs of cardholders.
- When making donations to an eligible charity, HSBC will contribute 1% to supported charities (Up to RM500,000 per year)
- A notched design that signals to visually-impaired users the correct end to insert into card readers and ATMs as part of the Bank’s commitment to inclusivity.