iMoney Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement
iMoney is all about empowering consumer choice, giving you all the information you need to make smart financial decisions. To show that we value your privacy, we are empowering you to decide on the personal information you share with us, and let you in on how we use it.
After all, making intelligent decisions is what iMoney is all about.
- Refer you to the financial product(s), and/ or financial institutions (or their authorized representatives) specified by you while completing application forms on our website; and/or
- To enable you to access and use iMoney's services; and/or
- To personalize and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analyzing market trends and customer demographics; and or
- To communicate with you, in order to verify the personal information provided, or to request any additional information that is vital to fulfilling the service you have applied for; and/or
- To send you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
All provision of personal data is on a voluntary basis. However, if you decide not to provide us with any of your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the products / services requested for which may, in certain circumstances, affect our business relationship with you.
iMoney may disclose and transfer your personal data to third parties, including:
- where required by any regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction;
- to discharge any legal obligation imposed on us by law or pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- financial institutions, whose products are listed on the iMoney website, and/ or their authorized representatives;
- to our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat;
- to any of our related, affiliated and/or associated companies, whether within or outside Malaysia; and
- to our partners and other third party service providers who provide services on our behalf or when we collaborate with them in respect of particular products or services (“Providers”). Such Providers may provide technological maintenance or work on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions, such as providing online cloud services. Such Providers may also collect information on our behalf on our websites. These Providers are required to comply with the terms of our privacy policies and may not use your personal information other than on our behalf and subject to contracts that protect the confidentiality of the information.
As part of our provisions of services to you and/or our operations, any of your personal data may be transferred, accessed, stored or processed in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from Malaysia. In such cases, we will handle your personal data in accordance with this iMoney Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement and ensure that our data processor complies with applicable data privacy laws.
iMoney takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected.
Please write to us via the contact details in Section 8 below if you would like to access or correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate requests for access and information changes. Similarly, please contact us should you wish to withdraw consent for the use of your personal information.
You agree that we shall be entitled to advise you via email, post, telephone or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
- no longer wish to be contacted by us;
- wish to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal data;
- wish to access or correct your personal data;
- have any further query; or
- wish to make a complaint in respect of your personal data,
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do.
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with a better browsing experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookies:
The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is de-personalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.