Prudential Malaysia Extends COVID-19 Coverage To Include All Malaysians
Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad (PAMB) and Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad (PruBSN) have announced more than RM2 million of COVID-19 insurance and takaful protection to customers and non-customers during a virtual press conference earlier today.
As the first insurer to waive the exclusion in medical policies and certificates on communicable diseases requiring quarantine by law when the pandemic started, Prudential has yet again come forward to cater to the welfare of fellow Malaysians during this unprecedented time.
Earlier today, Prudential revealed its Special COVID-19 Coverage and Free COVID-19 coverage for both its customers and non-customers.
Here’s how the Covid-19 coverage work
Through the Special Covid-19 Coverage for its customers, Prudential will offer:
- RM1,000 cash relief upon diagnosis and hospitalisation.
- RM10,000 death benefit due to COVID-19 from 1 May to 31 December 2020.
- The cash relief and death benefit are doubled for Prudential customers who register for the Special Covid-19 Coverage on Pulse by Prudential app (RM2, 000 cash relief and RM20,000 death benefit).
Through the Free Covid-19 coverage for non-Prudential customers, Prudential will offer:
- RM1,000 cash pay-out as a financial relief upon hospitalisation for eligible Malaysians who registered for the coverage through Pulse app.
Note: The fund for this coverage totals up to RM300,000 and the pay-out will be given until the fund is spent.
Here’s more info about the special Covid-19 coverage and eligibility criteria.
What is Pulse?
Pulse is a digital health app that uses AI-powered tools and real-time information that you can use to get a report on your health status, check on your symptoms, and connect to a doctor through video call. You can also identify dengue hotspots and track your fitness through the app.
The app has now been updated to provide the latest health tips and developments on COVID-19.
Here’s how you can embark on your health journey right away and benefit from the Pulse app.
Download Pulse for FREE now!
Here’s how you can register to enjoy free coverage
Other services offered by Prudential
With regards to the Movement Control Order (MCO), social distancing and staying safe due to COVID-19, Prudential has enhanced its services to cater to the need of Malaysians. Here’s how you can benefit:
- Prudential has launched a new remote sales and advisory solution which means you can now speak to a Wealth Planner from the comfort of your own home.
- The tele-underwriting service that enables Prudential to contact customers directly to complete selected underwriting requirements through a recorded phone conversation.
- Prudential is also providing online services for claim submission, service request submission, and policy pay-out and refund.
- Premium deferment for a grace period of three months for policyholders who are financially affected by COVID-19 or the MCO.