Get 10% e-Wallet Cashback With Celcom Xpax
Rising cost of living getting you down?
Sluggish wage growth, a depreciating ringgit and a lacklustre stock market – all amid a global virus outbreak – Malaysians have had a rough start to the year.
But there’s good news.
If you’ve been looking for ways to trim expenses, Celcom has you covered. From now until June 30, 2020, Celcom is offering 10% cashback to Xpax prepaid customers, alongside other savings for postpaid users. The cashback will be credited to each customer’s Boost e-wallet.
Reduced financial burden for Malaysians
To help mitigate the economic impact of COVID-19, the government recently announced the 2020 Economic Stimulus Package. The package includes incentives that aim to boost local tourism and stimulate local spending.
In line with the package, Celcom’s cashback and savings are part of an effort to reduce living costs and financially aid Malaysians. The cashback, that will be credited as digital currency, can be used for purchasing everyday items at stores serviced by Boost.
According to Idham Nawawi, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad, Celcom is the first telco in Malaysia to offer e-wallet cashback with reloads in support of consumer welfare.
“As consumers continue to engage in today’s digital ecosystem, we are also conscious about the current COVID-19 outbreak that has impacted their livelihood and the nation’s economy. We want to ensure that our customers get the best value for their purchases from us. Celcom’s prepaid and postpaid cashback will be an alternative benefit for customers, allowing them to purchase their daily needs via Boost e-wallet, both digitally and at all participating stores nationwide,” said Idham.
How do you claim the cashback?
To enjoy the cashback via Celcom Xpax, just follow these steps:
- Download and log in to Celcom Life App.
- Link Boost e-wallet via Celcom Life App.
- Select “Reload” and choose “Credit Reload” or “Internet Reload”.
- Select reload amount
- Credit Reload (RM10, RM30, RM50 or RM100); or
- Internet Reload (RM10, RM12, RM19, RM30, RM38, RM50, RM79)
- Enjoy 10% cashback in your Boost e-wallet up to RM20 per NRIC/passport per month
Are you a Celcom customer? With this app, you can view a detailed summary of your mobile plan usage, check statements, pay your bills, reload instantly, sign up for roaming plans and access exclusive deals.
Not a Celcom customer yet? You can sign up for an Xpax plan through the app.
Boost is one of the leading e-wallets in Malaysia. Besides the convenience of paying with digital cash, users also get to enjoy cashback and promotions. You can use your Boost e-wallet at over 135,000 merchants nationwide.
Even more savings
Besides the cashback promotion, there are more savings in store for Celcom users.
- RM5 cashback for unused internet quota. Users subscribed to Celcom MEGA postpaid plans can trade in their unused internet quota at the end of each billing cycle for cashback, which will be credited into their Boost e-wallets. You can trade in 10GB for RM5 cashback each billing cycle.
- RM50 credit rebate. Postpaid users will enjoy a one-time RM50 credit rebate when they opt for the Auto Billing service.
- RM10 a month in savings. Postpaid users who opt for digital monthly bills will be able to save up to RM10 per month of additional charges for printed billing documents.
How much do these savings add up to?
If you claimed the maximum amount of cashback or savings each month, here’s how much you could save until this promotion ends:
|RM20 cashback a month x 4 = RM80||• RM5 trade-in cashback a month x 4 = RM20
• RM50 credit rebate
• RM10 a month x 4 = RM40
Total = RM110
If you’re having trouble reaching the monthly RM20 cashback limit, you could also perform a credit reload or internet reload for a third party (e.g. your child or your spouse) to receive the cashback.
Being able to save up to RM110 is nothing to scoff at, especially when you’re saving money on your mobile plan, an expenditure that you need to make space for anyway.
It’s a nice bonus that you could use to pay for your everyday needs, such as groceries, food, fuel or even your bills. Boost also offers cashback or vouchers when you spend with certain merchants, so you could even get additional savings on top of the cashback you’ve earned.