Check Your Credit Report By Registering Online For eCCRIS
It is now more convenient and safer for Malaysians to get their credit rating from the Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) because you don’t need a physical visit to register anymore.
Effective February 18, 2022, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) has given the opportunity for new users to register for eCCRIS online at eccris.bnm.gov.my.
How to create your eCCRIS account
- Go to eccris.bnm.gov.my and click ‘Register Now’
- Enter the required personal information – Full name, MyKad number, date of birth, mobile number, and email. You will be asked to confirm your details and terms and conditions.
- Then proceed to conduct digital authentication. This needs a one-off RM1 transfer to a designated Bank Negara Malaysia account that will be automatically refunded within two working days.
- If the authentication be successful, users will receive a unique six digit One Time Password (OTP) to their registered mobile number along with an email to complete their registration (if your authentication is unsuccessful, follow the further instructions provided to complete the registration).Once your registration is successful, click ‘Proceed to First Time Login’ at the prompted screen or go to eccris.bnm.gov.my and click ‘First Time Login’
- Key in your MyKad number and the six digit OTP (this is valid for seven days).
- Set your user ID and password and don’t forget to set your personal security image, phrase, questions and answers.
- Login to eCCRIS website using your created User ID to access your CCRIS report.
On the implementation of eCCRIS, Deputy Governor Marzunisham Omar said “These enhancements make it more convenient and safer for individual users to register for eCCRIS and have access to their CCRIS reports, all from the comfort of their homes.”
For businesses, non-Malaysians and permanent residents, new user registration can be done through eLINK at telelink.bnm.gov.my.
To learn more about how your credit rating affects you, read here.