No Toll Rate Hikes In 4 Highways With RM60mil From The Govt

No Toll Rate Hikes In 4 Highways With RM60mil From The Govt

To defer any toll hikes for 2016 and 2017, the government has paid four highway concessionaires a total of RM59.77 million, says Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.

The compensation was approved by the Cabinet on October 12, provided that the toll rates were not raised in these highways: Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL), Kajang-Seremban Highway (Lekas), Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE) and Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE).

“There will be no toll hikes for the four highways this year and next year,” he said at the Dewan Rakyat last week.

This was in response to a question on toll hike next year, posted by Nga Kor Ming (DAP-Taiping).

The toll rates for the North-South Expressway (NSE) were also restructured by the government in 1999, 2002 and 2011, Fadillah added.

He said the concession agreement with PLUS Malaysia Berhad will end in December 31, 2038.

[Source]

Leave your comment