RapidKL users will have to change their MyRapid cards next week from 15 June to 15 July 2017, after which your old MyRapid card will not be valid. The migration is free at all Rapid KL Customer Service Counters at LRT, Monorail and BRT stations, except at Abdullah Hukum LRT Station. So if you have the card, but there are a few things to take note of if you want to change your card.
If you have a balance in your MyRapid card, it will be transferred to the new MyRapid TnG card, the minimum amount required for the transfer is RM5.00, and the balance needs to be in a denomination of RM5.00, so you will need to round up the balance as per the examples provided below:
- Example 1: Balance in MyRapid card: RM 2.50, you will need to reload RM 2.50, to make it RM 5.00
- Example 2: Balance in MyRapid card: RM 13.70, you will need to reload RM 1.30, to make it RM 15.00
- Example 3: Balance in MyRapid card: RM 17.00, you will need to reload RM 3.00, to make it RM 20.00
Those who are using any of the Smart packages and even the MyRapid Bus package will still be able to utilise the package, but will need to use up their remaining days as that will not be transferred to the new card. If you’re a holder of a Student, OKU or Senior Citizen MyRapid Concession card, you can only be migrate at the Rapid KL Concession Counter at the Pasar Seni Bus Hub. The operations hours of the counter are:
- 15 June – 23 June 2017: 9.00am to 4.00pm
- 2 July 2017 onwards: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Public holidays: closed
Reloading your MyRapid TnG will now be available to any place that allows a TnG reload, which includes tolls, pharmacies, petrol stations and even ATMs that provide the service. All LRT stations, except Abdullah Hukum, provide a reload service as well with a RM0.50 service charge.