Health Conditions To Watch Out For In Your 20s, 30s, 40s And Beyond
Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher once said, “Change is the only constant in life.”
As we age, our surroundings change, our body changes, we process thoughts differently, our perspective matures; in short, we evolve.
Those who successfully adapt to these changes as they age, will have meaningful relationships, connections and enjoy successes.
The inevitable major change that happens as you grow older is your health. You may be able to recover from bouts of flu in a matter of a few days when you were 20, but it may take weeks to recover when you are over 40.
If you are 20, you probably didn’t wake up till your alarm rang this morning. As you age, you might notice that you are not sleeping through the night, often waking up several times before your alarm goes off!
The point is: You need to be aware of the changes your body goes through as you age. This knowledge will help you prepare for and if possible, prevent or reduce the risks of diseases and illnesses caused by lifestyle excesses.
Health conditions to watch out for in your 20s, 30s, 40s and beyond
3 Reasons you should keep track of your health
It is definitely a lot to take in and manage.
But, if you are well-prepared, you have nothing to worry about! All you have to do is make your health a top priority. What’s more, the wonder that are health apps are here to help us.
Pulse by Prudential
This app comes with a Health Assessment, Symptom Checker, Online Consultation, Fitness Tracker and Dengue Alert, providing you with a seamless journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
Here’s how you can benefit from Pulse:
- Get to know the current state of your body by answering a series of questions related to your lifestyle, mental health and body via the Health Assessment. Your Digital Twin, a 3D anatomical view of your body will be generated.
- Your Digital Twin will give you a detailed insight into how each part of your body is doing. This will give you a good indicator of your current state of health and can be used for regular monitoring in between health checks.
- If you are worried about a nagging pain or feeling under the weather, you can use the Symptom Checker to find out what’s wrong.
- All you need to do is key in your symptoms and answer several questions. The AI-powered chatbot will analyse your symptoms and tell you what’s wrong.
- Following the analysis by the AI-powered chatbot, you can opt for an Online Consultation with a doctor within a few minutes through a video or phone call.
- All these can be done in the comfort of your own space and with a minimal fee (Free for Prudential customers, RM10 for non-Prudential customers).
- If you need to go to the hospital or clinic after your online consultation, the Find a Nearby Clinic or Hospital feature will show you the way to the nearest one. If you are sick and you need to drive yourself, you will do just fine with the assistance from Pulse.
- The Dengue Alert feature will help you to take necessary actions to stay away from dengue hotspots.
- You will get a heads-up on dengue outbreaks three months in advance. Based on your location, you can now know the potential outbreak zones and avoid these areas to save your money, time and most importantly, health.
- The Fitness Tracker feature will push you to stay active, fit and healthy. If you lack motivation, it can push you to take another walk around the block.