Starting 26 June 2023, youths aged between 18 and 20 years old or full-time students at a higher education institute have started registering to receive RM200 worth of e-wallet credit under the government’s eBelia Rahmah program.
Under Budget 2023, the government has allocated RM400 million for the eBelia Rahmah program, which seeks to benefit up to 2 million eligible youths.
“Besides aiming to continue to foster a culture of cashless payments among the youth, this also somewhat eases their financial burden. In addition, this is also an increase in e-cash credit offers compared to the RM150 from last year,” said YAB Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of Malaysia.
Eligible Malaysians can start registering to receive RM200 in a one-off payment of e-cash credit with one of the three leading e-wallet service providers, namely Boost, Setel and Touch ‘n Go.
In addition to the RM200 assistance in the form of e-cash credit from the government, the e-wallet service providers involved will also provide additional incentives in the form of vouchers, cashback or reward points discounts throughout the programme period.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Malaysian; and
- Reaching the age of 18 to 20 years in 2023 (born in 2003 to 2005);
- Be a full-time active student before 30 April 2023, without age limit at diploma equivalent level or SKM4 and above at a Higher Education Institution registered with one of the following ministries:
- Ministry of Higher Education
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Rural and Regional Development
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Human Resources
- Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
- Department of Islamic Development Malaysia
Note: Applicant’s data will be cross-checked with registered educational institutions and relevant Government databases
Application period & credit claim
The eBelia Rahmah credit application can only be made once per eligible applicant, starting at 8.00am, 26 June 2023 until 11.59pm, 22 August 2023.
Once the credit has been successfully redeemed, it must be spent by 11.59pm, 31 August 2023 at the latest.
After this deadline, the remaining unused eBelia Rahmah credit will automatically expire.
The incentives offered by e-wallet service providers depend on their respective policies.
How to claim eBelia Rahmah
The e-wallet service providers involved in this programme are:
- Touch ‘n Go
New users can redeem RM200 eBelia Rahmah credit by downloading one of the following e-wallet platforms from the Apple Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery:
The verification process for new and existing users can be done through participating e-wallet service providers.
Step 1: Download the participating e-wallet application from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery.
Step 2: For new or existing users, follow the instructions provided in the e-wallet application.
Step 3: The e-wallet service provider will verify your identity electronically through eKYC (Electronic Know-Your-Customer digital identity verification).
Step 4: In the e-wallet application of your choice, enter the information you need on the eBelia Rahmah claim page and press “Submit”.
Step 5: You will be notified of the status of your claim within 3 days. Eligible beneficiaries can claim eBelia Rahmah credit from 1 e-wallet service provider only. Please refer to the respective e-cash applications for more information on eBelia Rahmah credit redemption.
What can be bought with the RM200 credit
You can use RM200 eBelia Rahmah credit for any physical transaction at the wide range of retailers/stores via your chosen e-wallet, EXCEPT:
- peer-to-peer transfer
- cash redemption
- utility bill payment integrated with the e-cash application
- Government-related fee payments integrated with e-cash applications
- telecommunications postpaid and pre-paid bills integrated with e-cash applications
- Game purchases integrated with the e-cash application
- investment-related activities integrated with e-cash applications
- e-commerce transactions or online transactions