New App To Bring AI Powered Healthcare Right To Your Phone
Malaysians will now have their own interactive AI-powered mobile app providing them with healthcare services 24/7 for free.
Pulse by Prudential was launched by Datuk Seri Dr. Hj. Dzulkefly Ahmad, Minister of Health and Mike Wells, Group Chief Executive of Prudential plc yesterday.
Said to be the first of its kind in the region, it is set to revolutionize personal healthcare for Malaysians.
“With instant, reliable and relevant health information at their fingertips, people will be able to make more informed decisions when it comes to managing their own health, particularly in the care of non-communicable diseases,” said Dr. Dzulkefly.
“I have repeatedly emphasised the need to strengthen public-private partnership to deliver best healthcare for rakyat. Partnership is the key to ensure scalability and sustainability of digital health solution,” he added, stressing the importance of partnership between the public and private sector to enhance the healthcare scene in Malaysia.
He further stressed the need for people to take ownership and responsibility of their health especially B40 to achieve the true potential of their health.
According to Mike Wells, Prudential wants to be seen as a company that is innovative and is committed to solving problems. “Pulse marks a step change in health management in Asia by making healthcare more inclusive and accessible,” he points out that being consumer centric, the app is a way for its users to get answers to their questions with ease.
What is Pulse by Prudential?
- A digital health and fitness app that offers AI-powered self-help tools and real time information to its users.
- Uses data you provide to understand your unique needs and aid your wellness journey.
- Consists of various local service providers such as:
- Babylon Health- symptom checker and health assessment
- Tictrac- personalised wellness services
- DoctorOnCall- online consultation with doctors
- AIME-dengue outbreak predictor
- The app can be classified into four different services:
- Health Assessment
- Symptom Checker
- Online Consultation
- Dengue Alert
- Fitness Tracker
How will Pulse be of help to you?
- The features of the app allows you to check your health score and specifies areas that need to be improved such as food intake and daily activities.
- Upon answering questions related to your health that lasts for about 15 minutes, the app will generate a ‘Digital Twin’ that details the condition of your organs.
- You will also be able to carry out symptom checking using the app. All you need to do is answer a series of questions on how you are feeling and where it hurts.
- You could also opt to talk to a doctor. All you need to do is pay RM10 for audio or video consultation (this service is free of charge for Prudential customers).
- In case you need to go to a hospital, the app will notify you of all the hospitals nearby to your current location.
- Track your daily fitness goals such as steps count, distance tracking, calorie intake and calorie burn from existing health apps and wearables.
- You will also be able to track the hotspots of dengue outbreak up to 3 months in advance.