Lazada And Citibank Introduce Co-branded Platinum Card
The venture, first launched in Malaysia, will be expanding across the region in the next six months.
During the launch, Sanjay Nambiar Citibank’s regional director, credit cards and personal loans (Asia Pacific) said that Lazada and Citibank are aiming for over 500,000 sign-ups over the next few years.
The card is aimed towards the young and digitally savvy millennials. Its primary feature is offering 10x Citibank reward points for shopping on Lazada or when topping up the Lazada Wallet. As an additional bonus, it provides 20% cashback on Lazada Wallet top ups.
Are you eligible for Lazada Citi Platinum Card?
- You need to be of 21 years and above to be the principal card member, while the supplementary card member should be 18 years old and above.
- The minimum income requirement is RM24,000.
Lazada Citi Platinum Card annual fees and charges:
- Principal Card: RM100
- Supplementary Card: RM70 (waived for the first year and upon spending of an annual minimum of RM15,000 for the following years).
- Maximum rates (daily interest) for the following categories:-
|15% p.a.||Card members who promptly settle their Minimum Monthly Payment due for 12 consecutive months|
|17% p.a.||Card members who promptly settle their Minimum Monthly Payment due for 10 / 11 months in the last 12 consecutive months.
|18% p.a.||Card members who make nine months or less prompt payments of their Minimum Monthly Payment in the last 12 consecutive months.|
Rewards points & benefits:
- 10X rewards points when you shop and pay in Lazada or when you top up your Lazada Wallet with the Lazada Citi Platinum Credit Card.
- 5X rewards points when you spend at selected lifestyle, travel and wellness partners.
- Monthly bonus rewards of 1000 points when you spend a minimum of RM1,500 within a statement month.
- Use Citi Rewards Points to offset your Lazada purchases.
- Year-long discounts with up to RM500 off selected beauty products each month.
- Additional wallet cashback value of up to 20% when you top up your Lazada Wallet.
Apart from the benefits above, you will also get to enjoy exclusive sign up bonuses when you apply for Lazada Citi Platinum Credit Card.
Take note of the fine print! Some of the details are as below:
- The 10X rewards is capped at RM500 cumulative Lazada Spend per statement month. If you spend more than RM500 on the same statement month, you will only be entitled 1X reward points for your Lazada spend.
- The 5X rewards points for spending at selected lifestyle, travel, and wellness partners is capped at RM500 cumulative per statement month. You will only get 1 reward point for every RM1.00 you spend after crossing this threshold.
Do you REALLY need this card?
On the whole, this card benefits those that do a lot of shopping with one specific online store. If you are frequently ordering things from Lazada – and using the Lazada Wallet – this will definitely help you make the most of your spending.
However, it may not appeal to those who make their big purchases elsewhere as it offers fewer points and cashback than credit cards with other focuses.
You may also receive fewer benefits if you’re the type to frequent many other e-commerce sites like Shopee, Taobao, or even Amazon.
Basically, if you’re in the market for a new platinum card to support your Lazada-centric shopping habits, then this is the card for you.