CIMB’s New Credit Card Complements The Digital-First Lifestyle Of Today
The pandemic has seen many Malaysian adopting a more digital lifestyle and CIMB hopes to enhance customers’ digital/contactless shopping experience with their newly launched “e Credit Card”.
A collaborative effort between CIMB Bank Bhd and Visa, the e Credit Card offers a bespoke credit card experience that maximises the value of all online shopping, e-wallet, auto-billing and in-store contactless spending for customers.
In an official statement released by CIMB Group, Samir Gupta, CEO of group consumer banking, believes that the e Credit Card will “play an essential role in supporting customers’ daily needs by providing greater ease and extra value to their digital-first lifestyles.”
Part of that extra value is to offer special benefits and bonuses for 14 featured partners (with more to be added in the future) and an “eDay” on the 10th of every month where customers can get 12X bonus points on spending for selected partners such as Shopee, Lazada, Taobao, Watsons Online and more.
What exactly is the CIMB e Credit Card?
- It is a credit card designed for customers who prioritise a digital-first lifestyle in the COVID-19 environment with extra value for online purchases and contactless transactions.
- The credit card lets customers maximise the value of their online, e-wallet, auto-billing and in-store contactless spending with up to 12X bonus points for each transaction with no minimum spending.
- From online shopping to food delivery, e-wallet transactions, and even in-store purchases, the CIMB e Credit Card is able to cover every aspect of the daily spending behaviour of the digital consumer while maximising the value of their everyday purchases.
What are the benefits and features of the CIMB e Credit Card?
- 12X bonus points on the 10th of every month when shopping with featured partners such as Shopee, Lazada, Taobao, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, REVO, The Body Shop, Setel, Happy Fresh, Foodpanda, Domino’s Pizza, Biji-Biji, Dyson, Sasa, and Watsons Online.
- 10X bonus points on the 10th of every month when shopping with non-featured partners for all e-wallet, online, auto-billing and in-store contactless transactions globally.
- 5X bonus points on days other than the 10th of every month on daily spending for e-wallet, online and auto-billing transactions.
- 1X bonus points when for in-store contactless purchases and other transactions.
- Exclusive deals for selected partners on the 10th of every month with deals as low as RM1.
- Aside from that, the CIMB e Credit Card offers additional benefits such as the ability to redeem CIMB bonus points and donate them to various non-governmental organisations (“NGOs”) and COVID-19 support funds.
Is the CIMB e Credit Card for you?
Clearly CIMB’s e Credit Card is designed for customers who are keen on contactless payments and shopping online for all their daily needs, which given the situation, it’s probably everyone. Bottom line, if you’re looking for a credit card that rewards you for going fully digital/contactless with your daily spending, then the CIMB e Credit Card might be worth checking out.