You Can Use Bike-Hailing In Klang Valley From Jan To June 2020
According to Transport Minister Anthony Loke, bike-hailing companies such as Malaysia’s Dego Ride and Indonesia’s Gojek will be starting their operations in 2020.
The operation is under a six-month Proof of Concept (POC) pilot project starting from January 2020 and the bike-hailing companies will need to adhere to some conditions.
The conditions of the POC
- The POC will only be confined to the Klang Valley.
- The riders must not be less than 18 years old.
- Riders can only ferry one passenger who are above 18.
- Riders and their motorcycles must be clearly identifiable during the POC period.
- The bike-hailing motorcycles must be roadworthy.
- Motorcycles used must also not be more than five years old.
- Riders must be free from any police or Road Transport Department (JPJ) blacklists.
- To assess the system while awaiting laws to regulate bike-hailing.
- To gather data, assess the availability and demand levels and other services related to bike-hailing.
- To give time for Parliament to draft, table, and pass the relevant laws on bike hailing.
By enhancing the last mile connectivity for the users, bike-hailing is aimed at improving the overall efficiency of public transportation in Malaysia.