AIA Offers Two Free COVID-19 Coverage
Although it was an unpopular decision, there’s no arguing that a second full lockdown is what Malaysia needs to control the outbreak of COVID-19 cases.
AIA Malaysia has decided to offer two fully free COVID-19 coverage to ease Malaysian’s concerns.
“We understand that anxieties are running high. As a leading insurer and takaful operator in Malaysia, we want to do what we know best to alleviate Malaysians’ worries, which is by providing them the right protection that they need during these challenging times,” said Ben Ng, Chief Executive Officer of AIA Bhd.
The two free COVID-19 coverage provided by AIA Malaysia are the COVID-19 Vaccine Complications Cover and the Free COVID-19 Diagnosis Cover, including coverage for Home Quarantine.
Both of these two new coverages are aimed to help Malaysians with the costs that might be incurred in case of becoming a COVID-19 close contact or contracting the disease itself.
Here’s what the coverage entitles you to :
- Free COVID-19 Vaccine Complications Cover
- The coverage includes a hospital income of RM100 per day (up to 14 days) if a person is admitted to the hospital due to COVID-19 vaccine complications, and a RM20,000 benefit if the person passes away in Malaysia as a result of the vaccine side effects or complications.
- This free cover is open to anyone between 18 and 70 years old to sign up. They can activate their cover between 3 June and 14 June 2021 through AIA Life Planners, and once activated, they will be covered until 31 December 2021 or when the total claims limit reaches RM3 million, whichever comes first.
- Free COVID-19 Diagnosis Cover, including coverage for Home Quarantine
- This special COVID-19 coverage provides a RM1,000 cash relief to support customers who are diagnosed with COVID-19 and are unable to continue working due to quarantine requirements, including home quarantine.
- It also covers death due to COVID-19 – where a lump sum of RM5,000 (for new customer) / RM10,000 (for AIA’s existing customer) will be paid. The cover is offered at no extra cost to AIA customers who have new life insurance / family takaful / Flex PA plans with AIA which take effect between 1 June and 30 June 2021.
The free COVID-19 Vaccine complications coverage is available for all Malaysians while the Free COVID-19 diagnosis coverage is available for AIA’s existing customers.
If you want more details on the coverage provided by AIA, you can go to www.aia.com.my.